DBA International is seeking qualified candidates who wish to run for a two-year term on the Board of Directors. In 2016, there will be three (3) open Director seats on the 10-member Board that the DBA membership will fill during the association’s annual election. Qualified individuals who wish to run must declare their candidacy no later than December 11, 2015.
Directors elected will serve a two-year term beginning February 2016 and ending February 2018. Individuals interested in running for a Director position must meet the following qualifications pursuant to the DBA International Bylaws:
- Be an officer, director, or a majority owner of five percent (5%) of an active Professional Certified member in good standing;
- Have four years of experience in the purchase, management or collection of receivables;
- Provide proof of a portfolio purchase made in the previous 12 months;
- Have attended the Annual DBA Conference in February 2015; and
- Currently serve on a DBA committee, task force, or the DBA Certification Council or one of its committees.
International, Associate, Law Firm, Originating Creditor and Affiliate Members are not eligible to run for board seats but can serve on DBA committees.
December 11, 2015: Deadline for members interested in running for the Board to declare their candidacy. To submit your name for a Director position, please submit the following materials by mail, email or fax to Jan Stieger, Executive Director, 1050 Fulton Avenue, Suite 120, Sacramento, CA 95825, email@example.com; (916) 482-2760.
- A letter of intent declaring your desire to be a candidate;
- A professional photo;
- A resume and/or bio;
- A candidate statement of not more than 400 words which will be distributed to members with the official ballot; and
- A copy of a redacted bill of sale or a reference letter on a seller’s letterhead verifying that the member company has purchased a debt portfolio in the previous twelve (12) months.
DBA will hold a candidate education conference call for declared candidates the week after theDecember 11th deadline to discuss the typical duties and responsibilities of board members.
January 2016: Ballots will be sent to eligible voting members at the beginning of January, at which time voting will begin. Eligible member organizations may cast:
- One vote to approve or not approve the 2016 slate of officers;
- One vote to approve or not approve proposed changes to the bylaws; and
- One vote for each open Director position.
Eligible voting members may vote either by submitting a completed ballot via email, fax or regular mail by 5:00 pm (PST) on Thursday, February 4, 2016, or by submitting a ballot in person at DBA’s 19th Annual Conference. A ballot box will be located in the registration lobby until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 10, 2016. Election results will be announced and the new board installed during the general session on February 10, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact Jan Stieger at 916-482-2462 or by email.