What is one of the smartest things you can do for your agency?
Completing a self assessment on compliance and data security.
Download and complete this free and comprehensive questionnaire from industry-expert Todd Langusch. Your answers will immediately show you any vulnerabilities your agency may be laboring with.
TECH LOCK Challenge: A Compliance and Data Security Questionnaire
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
Gordon Beck, Chief Operating Officer of Diversified Consultants, Inc., based in Jacksonville, Florida, sat for an interview last week with ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. Beck said ABC set out to investigate TCPA lawsuits where companies – including collection agencies – dialed wrong numbers. ABC producers told Beck that he was the only collection agency official that agreed to be interviewed.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- Ohio AG Accused of Giving Debt Collection Contracts to Donors July 23, 2014
- Compliance Professionals in the Debt Industry Need Allies July 23, 2014
- Sixth Circuit Broadens FDCPA Verification Requirements for Debt Collectors July 23, 2014
- Webinar Examines Opportunities Within Student Loan Market July 22, 2014
- CFPB Debuts Slightly Clunky Portal for Debt Settlement Complaints July 22, 2014
- DialConnection announces investment by Potomac Equity Partners July 22, 2014
- Stellar Recovery, Inc. Named to 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Northeast FL at No. 45 July 22, 2014
- NY Debt Collector’s Operations Shuttered After Joint FTC, NY AG Complaint July 21, 2014
- Israeli Start-Up Experiments with Automated Debt Collection Approach July 21, 2014
- Policy Preparedness: A CFPB Focus for Compliance Management July 21, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
In the wake of the FCC’s amicus brief in Nigro v. Mercantile Adjustment Bureau, there is some potential for debt collectors to get clarity on the ever-changing rules for contacting consumer via cell phone. For the latest legal insight on the challenges of contacting consumers on their cell phones, check out To the Point: Collection Call Compliance, newly updated for 2014.