What exactly is an internal audit? And what are some best practices to consider?
It’s not just regulators who expect you to audit for compliance. Your clients are expecting you to conduct various audits of your processes and procedures.
Download this free report to learn four steps to keep your agency safely on track — from both a collection agency and debt buyer perspective.
Four Steps to Internal Audits for Collection Agencies & Debt Buyers
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
A three-judge panel in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed a lower court ruling granting summary judgment to a collection agency that used a bona fide error defense in case brought against it under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The Circuit Court also upheld an award of certain costs to the defendant.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- Court Shuts Down Credit Repair Scam That Impersonates FTC March 30, 2015
- M&A Activity in ARM is High, Pricing Very Important Right Now March 30, 2015
- CBE Companies’ Tom Penaluna Recognized for Community Leadership March 27, 2015
- Greetings from the Self-Proclaimed “Dullest Person in the ARM Industry” March 27, 2015
- Obama, Republicans, in Legislative Tug-of-War Over Over CFPB Reform March 27, 2015
- Is This the Beginning of the End for Payday Loan Operations? March 26, 2015
- Change Reaction: Implementing Change Control Processes in Your Organization March 26, 2015
- Doubt Creeping into Viability of Student Loan Collection Market March 25, 2015
- Assessing the Consumer Credit Market with an Eye to ARM March 25, 2015
- TekCollect Partners with Keep Columbus Beautiful for Adopted Area Clean Up March 25, 2015
Collection Industry Blogs
Late last year, we asked our readers their opinion on the viability of the student loan debt collection sector in light of certain developments.
In light of recent developments in the student loan space, we thought it was a good time to ask this question again and compare results.