What exactly is an internal audit? And what are some best practices to consider?
It’s not just regulators who expect you to audit for compliance. Your clients are expecting you to conduct various audits of your processes and procedures.
Download this free report to learn four steps to keep your agency safely on track — from both a collection agency and debt buyer perspective.
Four Steps to Internal Audits for Collection Agencies & Debt Buyers
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
The CFPB Monday announced an enforcement action against a nationwide debt collection operation and its CEO for using deceptive threats of criminal prosecution and jail time in the collection of debts stemming from bounced checks. The proposed order, to settle FDCPA and other charges, includes a $50,000 civil penalty.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- Consumer Group Pushes for Canadian Debt Collection Law Reform March 31, 2015
- Democrat and Chronicle Recognizes ConServe as #1 Among Rochester’s Top Workplaces March 31, 2015
- Circuit Court Upholds Bona Fide Error Defense for ARM Firm in FDCPA Case March 30, 2015
- Court Shuts Down Credit Repair Scam That Impersonates FTC March 30, 2015
- M&A Activity in ARM is High, Pricing Very Important Right Now March 30, 2015
- CBE Companies’ Tom Penaluna Recognized for Community Leadership March 27, 2015
- Greetings from the Self-Proclaimed “Dullest Person in the ARM Industry” March 27, 2015
- Obama, Republicans, in Legislative Tug-of-War Over Over CFPB Reform March 27, 2015
- Is This the Beginning of the End for Payday Loan Operations? March 26, 2015
Collection Industry Blogs
Late last year, we asked our readers their opinion on the viability of the student loan debt collection sector in light of certain developments.
In light of recent developments in the student loan space, we thought it was a good time to ask this question again and compare results.