U.S. hospitals provided $45.9B in uncompensated care in 2012 – Statistical Modeling can help you get paid!
With growing debt and rising costs, healthcare providers and medical debt collectors are turning to statistical modeling to develop a more targeted and effective patient friendly collections strategy.
Download this free whitepaper to find out how you can make the collections process more efficient and effective.
How Statistical Models Can Help Navigate the Future of Medical Debt Collections
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
The CFPB Tuesday released its Supervisory Highlights report for Fall 2014. Among the highlights were recent examinations of larger market participant debt collectors resulting in identification of “an unfair practice and several violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act” involving convenience fees, threats of litigation, bad training materials, and debt sales practices.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- With Video, Chamber of Commerce Dives Into Crowded Pool of TCPA Reform Advocates October 29, 2014
- The Consumer Relations Consortium Welcomes New Members October 29, 2014
- Executive Change: ConServe Appoints Brandon Booker as VP of Operations October 28, 2014
- What Makes the TCPA So Popular? Ambiguity October 28, 2014
- Ontario Systems Awarded Three-Star AchieveWELL Rating for Worksite Wellness October 28, 2014
- Republican Senate Majority Would Increase Scrutiny of the CFPB, But Result in Few Changes October 27, 2014
- Consumer Relations Consortium Sponsors 43rd Annual Consumer-Action Awards Event October 27, 2014
- ACA Files Amicus Brief in TCPA Circuit Case Narrowing Definition of “Auto-dialer” October 27, 2014
- FTC Gets Court to Shut Down Debt Collection Scam Targeting Latinos October 24, 2014
- Subprime Auto Collections – A Growth Market for ARM Companies or a Bubble About to Burst? October 24, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
Have you guys had a chance to read over the recent Douglass v. Convergent decision? It’s the case where a consumer complained that the account number was visible through the envelope window. We’re asking you to weigh in with your thoughts on the decision in this week’s poll.
Additionally, if you’re looking for specific operational help around Collection Letters, there’s a webinar for you: insideOperations: Collection Letters. Join John Rossman of Moss & Barnett and Mike McDonnell of RevSpring as they give you the latest compliance information regarding how to communicate with consumers via letter and email.
Doing it Right
- ARMing Heroes Board of Trustees Expands by Three October 16, 2014