What is one of the smartest things you can do for your agency?
Completing a self assessment on compliance and data security.
Download and complete this free and comprehensive questionnaire from industry-expert Todd Langusch. Your answers will immediately show you any vulnerabilities your agency may be laboring with.
TECH LOCK Challenge: A Compliance and Data Security Questionnaire
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
Now that the industry has had the chance to take a deeper dive into the details of the New York Department of Financial Services’ proposed regulations for debt collection by third-party debt collectors and debt buyers, experts and organizations are submitting their feedback on how to further improve the regulations. Specific questions remain about the correct language to use in consumer notices, and how the rules may impact creditors.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- CFPB Debuts Slightly Clunky Portal for Debt Settlement Complaints July 22, 2014
- DialConnection announces investment by Potomac Equity Partners July 22, 2014
- Stellar Recovery, Inc. Named to 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Northeast FL at No. 45 July 22, 2014
- NY Debt Collector’s Operations Shuttered After Joint FTC, NY AG Complaint July 21, 2014
- Israeli Start-Up Experiments with Automated Debt Collection Approach July 21, 2014
- Policy Preparedness: A CFPB Focus for Compliance Management July 21, 2014
- Happy Fourth Birthday, CFPB! July 21, 2014
- Utah-based Collection Agency Celebrates First Anniversary July 21, 2014
- Big Bank Regulators Propose New Supervision Model July 18, 2014
- New Whitepaper Reveals Three Strategies to Shrink Bad Debt July 18, 2014
- TCPA Victory May Expand Scope of Vicarious Liability Claims July 18, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
In the wake of the FCC’s amicus brief in Nigro v. Mercantile Adjustment Bureau, there is some potential for debt collectors to get clarity on the ever-changing rules for contacting consumer via cell phone. For the latest legal insight on the challenges of contacting consumers on their cell phones, check out To the Point: Collection Call Compliance, newly updated for 2014.