Credit & Collection Agencies – Free Downloadable Whitepaper on TCPA
Unsure what impact the 10/16/13 Telephone Consumer Protection Act’s (TCPA) regulations will have on your operations and risk mitigation efforts? Register, then download this free whitepaper to cut through the clutter and get straight-forward answers.
Understanding TCPA: Maximizing Consumer Outreach & Mitigating Risk
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
A district judge in New York this week certified a class action TCPA case against a debt collection agency where the defendant argued it had express prior consent to call a cell phone because the plaintiff had provided that number to the creditor. The ruling referenced and ignored an FCC order that allowed for autodialed calls to cell phones with express consent.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- IAB Solutions Marks 30th Anniversary with Opening of New Office September 19, 2014
- ARM-U Sneak Peek: Building the Best CMS September 19, 2014
- CFPB Proposes Guidelines for Non-Bank Auto Finance Regulation and Supervision September 18, 2014
- Georgia-Based Hollis Cobb Announces Expansion into Chicago and Mobile Markets September 18, 2014
- Douglass v. Convergent: The Envelope Debate September 18, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
Have you guys had a chance to read over the recent Douglass v. Convergent decision? It’s the case where a consumer complained that the account number was visible through the envelope window. We’re asking you to weigh in with your thoughts on the decision in this week’s poll.
Additionally, if you’re looking for specific operational help around Collection Letters, there’s a webinar for you: insideOperations: Collection Letters. Join John Rossman of Moss & Barnett and Mike McDonnell of RevSpring as they give you the latest compliance information regarding how to communicate with consumers via letter and email.