One of the smartest things you can do for your agency…
Self assessments on compliance and data security. Using these 55 questions you’ll be able to immediately see any vulnerabilities your agency may be laboring with.
This comprehensive questionnaire looks at the following risk areas: Risk Assessment, Security Awareness, Overseeing Service providers, Encryption, Transmission of Sensitive or Non-Public Personal Information, Firewall, System Hardening, Regularly Monitor and Test, Strong Access Control measures, General, Remote Access.
TECH LOCK Challenge: A Compliance and Data Security Questionnaire
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
At the Federal Trade Commission’s request, a U.S. district court in Miami has temporarily shut down a fraudulent phantom debt collection operation that deceived and abused thousands of Spanish-speaking consumers across the country in an attempt to collect money they did not even owe.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- Subprime Auto Collections – A Growth Market for ARM Companies or a Bubble About to Burst? October 24, 2014
- State Regulator Warns of Scam Potentially Involving Debt Collector Fishing for Personal Info October 24, 2014
- Defeat Claims That Your Envelopes Violate the FDCPA October 23, 2014
- Are these Marketing Tactics a TRICK or a TREAT? October 23, 2014
- TCPA Reform in Our Lifetime? October 22, 2014
- LiveVox Inside Counsel, Industry Attorney and Compliance Expert Discuss Recent TCPA/CFPB Trends at FSCOR 2014 October 21, 2014
- FDCPA and TCPA Lawsuits Rise in September October 21, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
Have you guys had a chance to read over the recent Douglass v. Convergent decision? It’s the case where a consumer complained that the account number was visible through the envelope window. We’re asking you to weigh in with your thoughts on the decision in this week’s poll.
Additionally, if you’re looking for specific operational help around Collection Letters, there’s a webinar for you: insideOperations: Collection Letters. Join John Rossman of Moss & Barnett and Mike McDonnell of RevSpring as they give you the latest compliance information regarding how to communicate with consumers via letter and email.
Doing it Right
- ARMing Heroes Board of Trustees Expands by Three October 16, 2014