TROY, Mich., -- Regulatory and compliance expectations have rapidly evolved while at the same time we are facing increasing focus from hackers and others with malicious intent. It can be difficult for agencies to keep pace to remain secure and compliant.
On July 25 at 2 p.m. EDT, TECH LOCK is sponsoring a one-hour Webinar on “IT Security Best Practices.” Designed for executives and compliance officers, this educational Webinar will provide a high-level overview of the most important steps you can take to reduce your cybersecurity risks and keep your data safe.
Cybersecurity expert Mike Wright will address common pitfalls as well as best practices every agency should consider including:
- Take data security and compliance into account when making technology and/or business process changes. Examples include moving “to the cloud” and switching from traditional telephony to Voice over IP.
- Incorporate data security processes into “business as usual” instead of focusing on this issue only during annual audit.
- Ensure appropriate access control. This has been an issue for ages which also exacerbates ransomware attacks.
- Create IT policies with authority that are enforced in daily business operations. You likely have policies but too often they are just documents that were created to satisfy audit requirements but nobody knows about or reads.
- Conduct appropriate oversight and vetting for third party vendors and service providers.
- Validate cybersecurity with independent audits and independent penetration tests. You can’t know if you are secure if you don’t test the system.
Click here to register for this informational event.
About TECH LOCK
TECH LOCK specializes in holistic information security, compliance and information technology solutions that enables IT infrastructure and security to become a competitive advantage for its clients. With deep experience in data security, compliance and financial service IT infrastructure, TECH LOCK is uniquely able to assist in reducing data security risks while at the same time providing cost savings and increasing IT efficiency. TECH LOCK is a Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI QSA), Approved Scanning Vendor (PCI ASV) and a HITRUST CSF Assessor. TECH LOCK is part of the RevSpring family of companies. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.techlockinc.com.