The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) are important pieces of legislation for any revenue cycle management firm or healthcare providers to understand.
Are you prepared for the CFPB to audit your company’s compliance with these laws?
Listen as Stefanie H. Jackman, Partner of Ballard Spahr LLP’s Consumer Financial Services Group; John Devine, Health Care Counsel for Ballard Spahr LLP; and Laura Hancock, Associate for Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation at Ballard Spahr LLP help you understand:
* What is HIPAA and how does it affect medical collections?
* What can I disclose and when?
* How do I handle disclosure when HIPAA and other laws conflict?
* What are the expectations regarding maintaining the security of HIPAA-protected information?
* What are the risks of failing to protect HIPAA-protected information?
* Current HIPAA audit standards
* Expectations for coming guidance