As part of its annual survey of technology adoption in the debt industry, one particular topic jumped out as worth a deeper dive: what are collection agencies doing around payment processing, and what are some pitfalls everyone should be mindful of?
This question could not come at a better time — specifically since much has been made of a recent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau civil action against several alleged debt collection companies and their vendors — specifically, payment processors.
This Thursday, BillingTree is hosting a free webinar at 2.00 p.m. Eastern that focuses on, among other topics, what is the current state of payment processing in the industry?
The agenda includes:
- Overview of recent CFPB complaints – IA
- The recent CFPB complaint and how far reaching it could become
- Key Survey findings and surprises
- Biggest Compliance concerns
- Paper Check Acceptance – why checks are still relevant
- Compliance benefits and concerns
- Conversion to e-check for electronic processing and the benefits
- Check 21 vs ACH
- Paper check drafts, Recurring payments and Reg E
- Convenience Fee impact
- Alternative payment to allow charging of fees when are allowed in your state
- Q & A
Registration is free — so don’t miss this informative broadcast!