Get Lessons in Collection Compliance for Outbound Communications
Download this free whitepaper to get advice on the largest challenge to successful collection efforts – outbound communications compliance
Within the paper you will receive: (1) FDCPA, TCPA, and CFPB overviews, (2) Legal requirements and restrictions, (3) Best practices
Download this free report today!
Compliance Tips for Outbound Debt Collection Communications
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Attorneys General of North Carolina and Virginia announced legal action against a retailer that caters to members of the U.S. military, and an affiliated lender and debt collection agency, for using illegal collection tactics against their customers.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- Credit Card Markets Rebound as U.S. Economy Improves December 19, 2014
- Debt Collection Agency Launches Website to Help Debtors Get Skinny and Debt Free December 19, 2014
- Judge Rules that Government Debt is Covered by FDCPA, Forcing Collection Agency to Defend December 18, 2014
- CFPB Sues Texas Company for Sham Credit Card December 18, 2014
- Potential ARM Game Changers to Watch for in 2015 December 18, 2014
- BillingTree Completes HIPAA Security Assessment as Part of its Focus on Regulatory Compliance December 18, 2014
- Big Shifts in Debt by Age: A Very Literal Interpretation of Knowing Your Debtor December 17, 2014
- Winners and Rankings Announced in 2014 Best Places to Work in Collections December 17, 2014
- Creating an Effective Compliance Program: A Focus on Risk Assessment December 17, 2014
- Texas AG Announces Investigation Into Scam Debt Collection Calls December 17, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
For years, strategic thinkers in the debt industry have known that student loans offers the most growth opportunity. But how safe is that assumption in light of the scrutiny everyone is giving education loans right now?
Congress is looking into how the government manages its student loan portfolios, the CFPB is taking a more active role in regulating the market — especially for consumer behind on their payments — and now, this: the possibility that accounts will be taken away from private ARM firms and given to in-house Treasury collectors.
So is this still the safe sector we all have assumed?
Doing it Right
- Anonymous Good Samaritan Registers ARMing Heroes for AmazonSmile Program December 16, 2014
- CBE Gives Back to the Community December 9, 2014
- BillingTree’s ‘Goodwill’ Assisting Many Community Charities Including Future for Kids December 9, 2014