Don’t Miss Out On Your Share Of $1 Trillion
This new report from Ontario Systems is used to explain how the size (huge) and dynamics (complex) of the student loan market can be used as an opportunity for debt collectors to get involved in the marketplace, either as government contractors, as subcontractors to agencies already working with the government or as their own unique entity.
Student Loan Collection: Snapshots and Strategies
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
The FTC and the CFPB both announced enforcement actions Wednesday against separate payday lenders for very similar behavior, namely funding unapproved loans for consumers who did not request them and then taking payments directly from checking accounts, also without approval. And for questionable debt sales and collection practices, of course.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- CFPB Proposes Guidelines for Non-Bank Auto Finance Regulation and Supervision September 18, 2014
- Georgia-Based Hollis Cobb Announces Expansion into Chicago and Mobile Markets September 18, 2014
- Douglass v. Convergent: The Envelope Debate September 18, 2014
- Executive Change: Hudson Cook Adds Former CFPB Enforcement Deputy as Partner September 17, 2014
- Executive Change: Accounts Receivable Technologies Announces Paul Brennan as Partner & Chief Strategy Officer September 17, 2014
- Circuit Court: Collection Letter from Law Firm Demanding Payment Violates FDCPA September 16, 2014
- NPR this Week Focusing on Wage and Bank Account Garnishment in Debt Collection September 16, 2014
- Global Commercial Collection Agency Celebrates 85th Anniversary September 16, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
Have you guys had a chance to read over the recent Douglass v. Convergent decision? It’s the case where a consumer complained that the account number was visible through the envelope window. We’re asking you to weigh in with your thoughts on the decision in this week’s poll.
Additionally, if you’re looking for specific operational help around Collection Letters, there’s a webinar for you: insideOperations: Collection Letters. Join John Rossman of Moss & Barnett and Mike McDonnell of RevSpring as they give you the latest compliance information regarding how to communicate with consumers via letter and email.