A Compliance Management System Isn’t a Product; It’s a Process
Historically, collection agencies have viewed compliance as a reactionary, standalone department. Now, there’s an active shift to view compliance as a proactive process that requires full participation and collaboration across all agency departments. Learn more by downloading this whitepaper and attending ARM-U!
ARM-U Sneak Peek: Building the Best CMS
insideARM: Accounts Receivable Management
A New Jersey man currently on trial for murdering his wife with a frying pan consistently referred to his wife as his ex-wife, in contrast to what he was telling her, and was deep in debt according to testimony provided yesterday by a debt collector who was working on the man’s account.Read more of today's top story »
Today's News and Opinion
- IACC and CLLA Announce New Strategic Alliance October 1, 2014
- Compliance Acronym Stew: Is Your Collection Agency at Risk? Part III: Red Flags, GLBA, and HIPAA October 1, 2014
- CFPB Takes $37.5 Million Action Against Flagstar Bank Over Mortgage Servicing September 30, 2014
- Credit Card Use Mirrors Broader Economy in First Quarter September 30, 2014
- Todd, Bremer & Lawson Selects Ontario Systems for Outsourced Compliance Partnership September 30, 2014
- Circuit Court Sides with Debt Collector in Reversing Controversial TCPA Ruling September 30, 2014
- Look Up, Not Down — The Future Is In the Cloud September 29, 2014
- Class Action Explores Door Hangers as Collection Communications Under FDCPA September 26, 2014
Collection Industry Blogs
Have you guys had a chance to read over the recent Douglass v. Convergent decision? It’s the case where a consumer complained that the account number was visible through the envelope window. We’re asking you to weigh in with your thoughts on the decision in this week’s poll.
Additionally, if you’re looking for specific operational help around Collection Letters, there’s a webinar for you: insideOperations: Collection Letters. Join John Rossman of Moss & Barnett and Mike McDonnell of RevSpring as they give you the latest compliance information regarding how to communicate with consumers via letter and email.