Hey, guess what a leading attorney’s favorite defense is to FDCPA claims. Give up? It’s common sense.
In their latest episode of the Debt Collection Drill, an ARM industry legal podcast, attorneys John Rossman and Mike Poncin discuss some recent FDCPA cases where common sense, according to judges in the case, played a huge role in successful defenses.
The podcast features John Rossman’s favorite line of the year so far from a judge in a successful case. It involves applying common sense to collection language interpretation, and it’s a beauty.
Listen to the 9 minute clip below.
- Appeals Court Rules for Collection Law Firm in FDCPA Collection Letter Case
- FDCPA Violation Claims Supported Only by Material Disputes
- The Debt Collection Compliance Handbook
- FDCP-Hey! Don’t Do That! Mousepad
- Collection Law Firm Financial Benchmark Report 2011