The Basics: What is SEO?
So what exactly is Search Engine Optimization? Basically, it’s a series of best practices and strategies that help your site rank higher. This is accomplished through tweaking things like text or code on your website, as well as the creation of quality links from other sites back to yours.
In this chapter, we’ll dive into the very basics of how SEO works, as well as why ARM firms need to pay attention to it as a viable means of generating new business leads while protecting their brand names.
Our easy-to-follow textbook format gives you a simple walkthrough of a complex challenge, providing a clear explanation of how online user behavior impacts SEO performance. You’ll also learn about the opportunity that exists for those firms who seize control of SEO as a defensive weapon in the struggle to maintain control of their brand reputation.
Get the whole chapter and learn:
- Why being on the first page of search results matters
- How ignoring SEO can hurt your company
- Why all SEO consultants are not created equal
- Download the full chapter now.
How SEO Works: It’s All About Chemistry
SEO works the same way that word-of-mouth does. You would never endorse a restaurant that you didn’t like, and you certainly would not recommend it to your friend. SEO works the same way.
When a site (let’s use insideARM.com as an example) has good content that answers a question that a Google user has, such as “what is accounts receivable management,” Google is more likely to endorse insideARM.com as an answer to the search query.
- How often do I review the text and code of my website?
- Do I even know if people link to my site?
Can You Pass The Test?
- Do you enjoy losing leads?
- Are you protecting your brand name online?
- Are you checking how you stack up against your online competition?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, it’s time to hit the books. Grab the SEO Chapter and get studying.
Managing Editor, insideARM.com