Outsourced Business Services Sector Review: Riding the Roller Coaster
The M&A marketplace continued its roller coaster ride in Q2 as buyers and sellers attempted to negotiate deals. Surprisingly, these issues had little to no impact on deal activity within
the outsourced business services (OBS) sector, particularly in the U.S. healthcare revenue cycle management industry.
Get the whole story. Download the Report and get:
- A Revenue Cycle Management Industry Overview
- A Look at the Customer Relationship Management Industry
- An ARM Industry Overview
- ARM Legislative and Regulatory Briefing: Q2 2012
- Top Pitfalls to Avoid When Responding to an Unsolicited Offer to Buy Business
ARM Legislative and Regulatory Briefing: Q2 2012
The good news for the ARM industry is legislative and regulatory activity was relatively quiet during the second quarter of 2012 (April – June). This fact alone may be of some comfort to ARM industry decision makers and compliance officers who must constantly monitor and react to changes in legislative and regulatory requirements.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) hummed along with little pushback coming from 44 Senate republicans who in May 2011 had resolved to challenge the appointment of Richard Cordray as Director;
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) focused its efforts on credit repair organizations and shutting down debt collection scams ;
- No federal laws of any noteworthy significance were passed or defeated but Al Franken is at it again with his End Debt Collector Abuse Act and Barney Frank reintroduced his Foti “fix;”
- State legislative activity paled in comparison to the previous three years; and
- State regulatory authorities maintained “business as usual.”
Top Pitfalls to Avoid When Responding to an Unsolicited Offer to Buy a Business
- Moving too quickly
- Involving clients too early
- No controls for diligence process
- Signing a letter of intent before finalizing negotiations
Download the Kaulkin Ginsberg Q2 2012 M&A Report now.
Chief Content Officer, insideARM.com