As one hospital learned, solid revenue cycle partners can not only improve cash from gross operating revenue, they can be a vital part of a healthcare provider’s continuity plan when external and internal forces pose real risk for the sustainability of a hospital and the treatment of the patient population it serves.
In a new case study, Case Study: How Strategic Partnerships Can Deliver Insurance for the Uninsured, Cost Containment, & Revenue Cycle Lift, Saint Anthony Hospital details the many successes it has achieved in partnering with Accretive Health. “Saint Anthony Hospital needed a revenue cycle partner that would help them advocate for their uninsured patients as well as deliver results through improved processes.” And they found that partner in Accretive Health.
The hospital was faced with a litany of challenges that were entirely within Accretive’s wheelhouse to address:
- Emergency Department practices and productivity challenges that limited Saint Anthony’s ability to screen 100 percent of uninsured patients
- Primary focus on Medicaid solutions due to training and technology challenges
- Large patient population of undocumented workers
- Lack of resources and bandwidth to provide attention to process improvements
- Significant staff restructuring
This case study details the operational hurdles Saint Anthony Hospital faced and the way those obstacles were overcome through a strategic operating partnership with Accretive Health. Together, Accretive Health and Saint Anthony Hospital developed a custom strategy that leveraged skilled and compassionate people, best-in-class processes, and leading-edge technology and analytics.
Download the case study to learn how Accretive Heath:
- Carefully determined the insurance status—which was largely uninsured—of Saint Anthony Hospital’s patient population
- Secured insurance for more than 25,000 Saint Anthony patients in six years
- More than tripled the number of Medicaid applications in just two years
- Launched CDM reviews that resulted in increased reimbursement of more than $1M in the last four years
About Accretive Health
Founded in 2003, Accretive Health’s mission is to help healthcare providers strengthen their financial stability and deliver higher quality, more accessible care to its clients’ patients and the communities they serve. The majority of the hospitals that Accretive Health serves are non-profit, faith-based hospitals or teaching hospitals, deeply rooted in values of stewardship, generosity of spirit, leadership and dedication to their communities.
With approximately 2,900 employees, Accretive Health serves many of the top-rated hospital systems in the country and is committed to providing solutions that assist them in the delivery of quality healthcare services and maintaining financial stability.