If you’ve followed The collector mentor Challenge for more than a couple of weeks, you know that I love to use quotes. I find quotes to be a great tool for helping readers connect to key points. Quotes enhance the learning experience, increase retention, and lend third-party support to important concepts.
A person can find a supporting quote on just about any topic. For example, here are a few of my favorite quotes on teamwork:
- “Individual commitment to a group effort — that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” ~Vince Lombardi
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” ~Ken Blanchard
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” ~Andrew Carnegie
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” ~Babe Ruth
- “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” ~Brian Tracy
- “Gettin’ good players is easy. Gettin’ ‘em to play together is the hard part.” ~Casey Stengel
- “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” ~ Margaret Carty
Last week you were challenged to Rally the Team, and this week’s challenge is to discuss the importance of teamwork with your peers.
To help guide the discussion, you might consider asking each person share their favorite teamwork quote with the group. Alternatively, you can print the seven quotes listed above and ask team members for their thoughts on what the quotes mean them (e.g., What does Blanchard mean when he says, “None of us is as smart as all of us?”)
What did you learn about your teammates as a result of the group discussion?
You can share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Editor | collector mentor
To download companion worksheets to use with The collector mentor Challenge™, please visit www.collectormentor.com/thechallenge.
Published bimonthly, collector mentor is a quick-read publication dedicated entirely to delivering articles and practical advice that teaches credit and collection professionals how to increase collection results, enhance productivity, improve teamwork, and become better stewards of the industry.